Arranging Other People's Music (on Ukulele?)
Lesson 1: Get MuseScore
Before you begin know the following:
- My goal is for this to cost you zero dollars. I started out on free software too.
- I do not use MuseScore for the arrangements I make, but it’s as good as it comes for free, so use it without hesitation.
- I use Finale notation software, but I don’t necessarily recommend it unless you’re serious about publishing.
- This will take a LOT of time, so if you’d rather just play your instrument, that’s okay too.
You do NOT need to pay any money or sign up for anything at MuseScore. If you end up on a page where they want your information or your money, you’ve done something wrong. Follow these steps:
- Go to https://MuseScore.com
- Click on the “Download MuseScore” button. Read before you click!
- Download and install the software on your computer (you are on your own here)
- Open up the program
If you've done that, you win! Lesson 1 Complete