Instrumental ukulele lessons live on YouTube
Learn to play and teach "the hard ways."
The songs don't matter, but the skills do.
For now, we're rawking online. Go grab your instrument, download the assignment, and be ready five minutes before the hour to log on and join us live. If you live in Denver and need to borrow a ukulele, let me know. Refresh this page and the link will magically appear. For those who can't attend live sessions, I will save the video for awhile. Questions? Email me.
Schedule of Events
Sunday March 29:
- 4:30 pm MST: We're splitting the lesson into new-er players and next level playing
If you downloaded Für Elise previously, please re-download it. There was a typo in measure 16
Link to join https://youtu.be/QjdoZasGJ4c
Want to learn to play guitar too? Check my schedule for the Denver Guitar Orchestra
Previous Lessons with Archived Video
Friday March 20:
- 10 am MST: Beginning Finger Picking & Tablature (Download Frère Jacques).
- Frère Jacques: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7bUgOMmin8
- 11 am MST: Positional Melody Playing with F & C7: (Download Soft Kitty).
- Soft Kitty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFExmnN4oY
- 12 pm MST: Strumming and Composing in the Key of A Major (Download Kids Book).
Sunday March 22:
- 11 am MST: Beginning Chord-Melody in the Key of C:
Link to archived video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSQYYO0IKb8
Monday March 23:
- 4:30 pm MST: Four More Key of C Adventures
Link to archived video: https://youtu.be/57eNjoXHGmk
Tuesday March 24:
- 4:30 pm MST: Gearing Up in the Key of G
Link to archived video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcJy0e4Ho_E
Wednesday March 25:
- 4:30 pm MST: Arpeggio Day with Cowboys!!
Link to archived video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0CstkVZQxA
Thursday March 26:
- 4:30 pm MST: Key of F ... And Yeah, It's B-flat Day [insert grumble]
Link to archived video: https://youtu.be/xutnFGUzfbI
Friday March 27:
- 4:30 pm MST: Kick Yer Fanny Friday
Link to archived video: https://youtu.be/6gm1MPXQwdk
Saturday March 28:
- Day Off: Please go back through the songsheets and lessons below and make sure you can play everything. Hopefully you can perform each piece in at least three different ways:
- chords and singing at a smooth pace
- straight-line melody using either standard notation or tablature
- bring it together with a breathtakingly beautiful presentation of TuffUke