The images above are from the first 40 weeks of the pandemic. We didn't need a vaccine to rawk.
Let's get started! Here are the basic things you should know. You probably oughta read this page.
- My name is Gary Jugert. Here's what you need to know about me and the website.
- I didn't start playing music until I was 35 and it's never been "easy" for me. I want to make it easier for you using everything worthwhile to turn you into a producer of music and end your need to consume it.
- I spent 10 years on piano prior to finding my first ukulele 20 years ago. Ukulele was wildly UN-popular back in those days.
- I've been teaching instrumental ukulele for 15 years now. I personally don't want to sing, but I will make sure you know all the tools to play ukulele while singing if you want.
- The method here is meant for anybody who can read numbers. I've taught ages 7 to 90+ using this system. This system was invented in the mid-14th century, was fully developed by the 17th century, and it still works today exactly the same way it did then.
- This method is meant for life-long musical learning and once you're comfy with it you'll be able to play anything and will be able to write your own too.
- This method is also meant for you to use in teaching others.
- And finally, I founded and conduct the Rocky Mountain Ukulele Orchestra and the Denver Guitar Orchestra because I am passionate about "ordinary" people making extraordinary music.
- This program teaches you how to play ukulele in all the possible ways. Not just one way. And not necessarily just ukulele. You will become a real musician. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it.
- You should sign up for our email newsletter right now. The widget is on the top of the right column.
- If you are able, please join us daily for the live YouTube broadcasts. They're free.
- If you can't make those, you should watch the archive videos when you can. They're also free.
- We have two classes daily and one class on Monday night. Each has a different focus.
- The sections on the website are
- Home Page: Lists the schedule and songs for the week
- Archive: Find recordings of all the YouTube events
- Orchestra: Everything you need to know for Monday nights
- Ukulele & Baritone: This is a step-by-step list of what you should do to learn to play
- Teachers: This page has resources especially built for teachers.
- Subscribe: Information on how to join the website as a paying member.
- Member Portal: Top secret section for paying members only. This is where the fancy stuff is.
- Blog: Stuff I post sometimes to minimize answering the same questions over and over.
- About: You're on that page now.
- We have a subscriber section for several reasons:
- Some music is copyright protected and can't be left in out in the open.
- The subscriber section serves as a library for all of the arrangements we've done since the beginning.
- The Monday night meeting is for subscribers only. It's where you master music. And you want to hang out with the cool kids, right? They think they're the cool kids on Monday night.
- Your subscription is pretty dang cheap for what you get, supports the ongoing expenses of running this site, and makes you feel like you're doing the right thing for the future of music.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am perpetually way behind on email. I will get to you eventually (probably). I promise to read every email. I don't necessarily promise I will write you back. The more time it takes to answer your email, the less likely it is I will have time to respond to you. Keep it simple. 🙂
- You can call or text 303-984-0777
- If you leave a voicemail I will probably never hear it. Sorry. I just don't have time.
- Playing and teaching ukulele: https://jollyrogerukulele.com
- Harmonica, cool stuff, and Gary's personal nonsense: https://mammothgardens.com
- Rocky Mountain Ukulele Orchestra: https://ukuleleorchestra.org
- Denver Guitar Orchestra: https://denverguitarorchestra.com
Wanna Help Out?
The best thing you can do for me is become a member of the website. Check it out here. If you were thinking, yeah, I'd like to pay for his Starbucks you can Venmo me at Gary-Jugert or you can PayPal me at https://PayPal.me/garyjugert
Approximate Daily Schedule
- Rooms open a minute or two before the hour and the link is posted on the website.
- The first five minutes will be a chat time.
- Classes last no more than 45 minutes.
- It's free. Stay home. Rawk.
- Don't sit and listen ... get your instrument out and do what you can.
- Tell people about this program. It's good.
- Copies of the videos are left on Gary Jugert's YouTube channel. Subscribe to it!
- Resources are always on JollyRogerUkulele.com. Download 'em.
- Perfection is not a goal ... showing up is.
- Private lessons via Zoom may be available if you email me.
- I want to give you the option to NOT sing by playing instrumentally. Shhh.
- Play at whatever level makes the most sense for you, and then reach for the next level.
- Members have access to more modern music. Consider subscribing.
Future Themes in No Particular Order
- Bruno Mars Week
- Cat Stevens Week
- Disney Week
- Dolly Parton Week
- Jack Johnson Week
- James Taylor Week
- Jim Croce
- Looney Tunes for Ukulele
- Love Week
- Movies Week
- Neil Diamond Week
- Patriotic Week
- Peter, Paul and Mary
- Pirate Week
- Sound of Music
- Spanish Guitar Tunes
- Star Wars
- TV Themes Week
A Video About Me
This was kind of the orchestra to nominate me and even kinder of Channel 7 to select me!