Composing for the Ukulele
Have you written a new song today? Use the songwriting widget to pick a random key and then use these resources to create a new composition. Stop playing other people's music and build your legacy. A full textbook dedicated to music theory and composition using the ukulele is on its way.
Music theory is in it's own section even though you need to have a pretty good handle on theory prior to undertaking a composition project. Maybe work on them at the same time. The theory page is HERE.
- Barre Chord Workshop Ukulele ~ Baritone
- Blank Chord Chart ... keep track of the pesky shapes relevant to you.
- Circle of Fifths for the Ukulele ... my first ukulele thing I wrote and the second most important.
- Circle of Fifths for the Baritone ... not as pretty but almost equally useful.
- Composer's Blank ... write your own arrangements by hand. (It's where I began too.)
- FIVE Keys of Frère Jacques ... You write out the TuffUke!
- Key Charts ... simple version for easy reference.
- Key Charts ... ukulele version.
- Key Charts ... baritone version coming soon.
- Practice Log ... yes, you should keep one every day.
- Standard Notation and Counting Ukulele PDF ~ Baritone PDF
- Gary's Super Big Music Theory Book for non-musical people ... I pick at it from time to time. It'll be here someday.