On this website, you will learn to play ukulele at a high level even if you're a total beginner to music or the instrument. You will also learn how to stop sounding like a beginner and play better and more sophisticated music. You will also learn how to teach others (the right way) to play ukulele.
You're probably going to scan down this sheet looking for something "cool" to play. That is the wrong thing to do. You should start at the top and play everything in sequential order so you will build the proper toolbox of skills.
If you are looking for resources to teach ukulele, those are included in the lessons. I also have a page dedicated to teaching ukulele HERE.
This sound file player below has ALL of the songs in the program. You should listen to these so you know how to play the sheet music below.
Your First Two Hours Owning a Ukulele
Download Book 1 HERE.
Watch The Parts of Your Ukulele video:
Watch How to Tune Your Ukulele video:
Watch How to Hold Your Ukulele video:
Watch Frère Jacques video:
- Frère Jacques: Sheet Music ~ Sound File ~ Performance Video ~ Instruction Video
- This is the most important song in the entire program for learning how to read tablature. The entire song (almost) is played on the first string. Use the numbers on that string to tell you which fret to hold down. Pluck only one string at a time using your thumb.
- Important posture notes. Make sure the pad of your left thumb stays connected to the fat part of the back of the neck. We should not be able to see your left thumb. Also, make sure the head of your ukulele is uncomfortably close to your face. Your ukulele should be at an angle of 45-60 degrees to the ground. (More upward than horizontal.)
- My Spaghetti Monster: Sheet Music ~ Sound File ~ Performance Video ~ Instruction Video
- Three Blind Mice: Sheet Music ~ Sound File ~ Performance Video ~ Instruction Video
- Happy Birthday: Sheet Music ~ Sound File ~ Performance Video ~ Instruction Video
You should not proceed unless you've played all four songs in three different ways.