Go HERE after signing in.
Wait, what? You're not a member....
Prepare to Board this Burning Ship
You probably ought to read this whole page. I know. Reading. Blech.
- First, be aware the internet, and most books on Amazon, and most teaching programs, and your local ukulele meet-up group are all set up to make you believe playing ukulele is easy and fun. It can be and you've probably already checked some of that stuff out.
- Second, if you are here, you're ready to take making music seriously. What we do here is not easy, and sometimes it's not even fun, but it will turn you into a fine, well-trained, disciplined musician and you will actually understand the nuts and bolts of how music works.
- Third, almost everything we do here is free. Yeah, free (almost).
Here's What You Ought to Do
Let's get you set up to use this site.
- You definitely should join our email list. That widget is on the upper right hand side of this page. Go sign up now. If you're on your phone and are taking a break from doom scrolling Instagram, your widget is down below. I don't send out a ton of email, but it'll help you stay focused. You can easily unsubscribe later if you decide you're a bagpipe player.
- You should not download everything on the site. That's what you might have done on all the other sites. Downloading PDFs won't make you a better musician. The internet will provide you with all the free PDFs anybody could ever use forever. Downloading ONE item and studying it until you're an expert might make you the best ukulele player.
Now, here is what you really ought to do: Register and become a member. Here's why:
- You'll get everything and I really pride myself on having the world's best stuff. No really, it's good.
- You'll have access to modern arrangements not just public domain music.
- You'll be able to play at the highest level (if you'll practice and keep showing up).
- You'll get continuous updates of new music. I write a lot.
- You'll have premier access to me and if you need an arrangement, you'll be more likely to get it.
- You'll have access to a complete musical education, not just a bunch of songs.
- You'll join the Rocky Mountain Ukulele Orchestra where you'll learn to play really fast without fear.
- You'll learn how regular people can make extraordinary music in every possible way imaginable.
- You'll become focused on mastery of all skills including playing, writing and theorizing.
- You'll be better looking with the glow of being a vastly improved musician using ukulele as your principal instrument.
- And of course you'll give me a reason to keep this going.
So, as a recap:
- Free: You can access lots and lots of public domain stuff. Sheet music, performance videos, lesson videos and blog posts. All of the songs in my complete Introduction to Ukulele courses are available to you. You can find very expensive courses, and courses by more-"famous" and more-pretty people, but you won't get the comprehensive tools available here anywhere else. Seriously. This is the best.
- If you purchase a Bronze membership: You can access everything the free users can use (which, holy moly, it's a LOT), and you'll also receive access to a never-ending stream of modern songs still under the confusing haze of copyright protection for your personal study. There will be new material posted regularly to keep you motivated. You'll also be able to participate fully in the orchestra. And, subscribers will get priority when it comes to requesting sheet music be created for songs you love.
- You can register for the first week for $5US to make sure you like what is a available behind the curtain. After the first week, you'll be charged $25US each quarter (90 days) -- just over 25¢ a day.
- You have complete control over your PayPal subscriptions so you can cancel anytime. Just go to your PayPal account and delete the recurring payment.
- It's definitely easiest to sign up for a PayPal account (and log into your existing account) before hitting the button below.
- If you have any technical challenges, email me.
- If PayPal isn't possible, I can register you by hand if you Venmo me money or mail me a check. This is a far more cumbersome process and must be re-done by hand every 90 days, so please email me if you need to pay this way so I can make sure to have your credentials set up properly.
To become a Jolly Roger Ukulele member, click this PayPal button